【PSU:AotI】Client Download

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

【PSU:AotI】Client Download

Postby shade » Tue May 07, 2013 11:40 pm

日本語版?ここをクリック。

I've seen here and there people who asked where to find the game. It can be found... here !

● Game Client
setup-1a.bin
setup-1b.bin
setup-2a.bin
setup.exe
ill_manual.zip (entirely in japanese)

Checksum :

This is the JP PSU:AotI client, the one that was freely distributed by SEGA, when the JP PSU servers were still online. That's why I continue to distribute it - although I don't have the right to do so - until SEGA takes measure to make me stop. Which I hope will never happen, I don't think that's reprehensible from a moral point of view.

To install the game, you just have to downlod in a same folder the four first files and keep their original names.

● AE(/F/G) Patch (mandatory)

This patch :
- automatically translate the game (text only) in (American) English¹ ;
- allows you to play offline ;
- allows you to play online on the unofficial Clémentine server ;
- fixes some monster hitboxes (cf. this news) ;
- corrects a visual glitch on one of the Alterazgohg's attack (this bug only existed in the JP ver. of the game) ;
- replaces the loading icon used in 4:3 and 5:4 aspect ratios resolutions by a better one used in the CβT ;
- replaces the loading icon used online in 16:9 aspect ratios resolutions by the one made by Clémentine ;
- includes all JP 2.0014.30 contents (1st, 2nd & 3rd Sup' Up' ; basically all contents introduced to the PSU series by the Portables game up to PSP2i)

■ If you're a little bit computer savvy :
PsuIlluminusInt (*.7zip)

This patch is easy to use : once you have installed PSU:AotI, simply extract the content of the *.7z files into the root directory of the game (by default, "\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\"). It should look like to this :
Then, just execute the batch file (PATCH.BAT), wait a few seconds and you're done !

Use the launcher to play offline, to play online, to open the options menu...

■ If you're "dummy" (or extremely lazy) :
PsuIlluminusInt (*.exe - self-extracting 7zip archive)

To open image in a new tab without leaving this page, click on it with your mouse wheel.

1. Download it and put it where your game is installed :

2. Double-click on it :

3. Don't change the path destination, simply click on the "Extract" button and wait :

4. Once the extraction is completed, it should look like this :

5. Select the "PATCH.bat" (it may simply be called PATCH if you hide file extension) :

6. Launch it, wait (and press a button when you're prompted to do it) :

7. Now, it should look like this :

8. That's all. You don't have to edit anything (unless you want to play in French or German), to download a specific file to play online on Clem', to erase file/archive that became useless once the game has been patched, etc..
Simply launch the online(.exe) from here, or use the shortcut that has been created on your desktop during the game installaton :
Select "Options" to set your game, "Story Mode" to play to the offline mode, "Network Mode" to play online on the Clementine servers, etc...

● Custom Resolution
To use the following Custom Resolution *.exe, simply replace your original *.exe by the ones below and set your game to 1280x720.
These *.exe are suitable to play the original Story Mode and to play online on the public PSU Clementine servers.
You can't use these PsuIlluminusOff.exe to play to the offline mission pack.
Also, by using these *.exe, in addition to the 1280x720 that can't be acceded at all, maps are kinda broken in 640x480.

1280x720 - Backup
1366x585
1366x768
1600x900
1680x720
1920x1080
2560x1080
2560x1440
3440x1440
3840x2160

All credits goes to Agrajag for having fixed the maps and mini-maps.

● Patch 2.0014.30
Only for those who know what they're doing.

I just ask you two things :
1. Although the patch must work correctly, I can't be sure at 100%. If you notice something strange, please, report it, I'll get it fix'd ASAP.
2. Because of this, don't hotlink those dl links : Mega doesn't allow me to keep the same download link when I update the patch. Link this thread instead. BTW, by consulting this thread, people can know if their game is "up-to-date" or not.

※ Usage of Google Chrome is recommended. While download should work with other browsers, it isn't guaranteed.

● Bonus - Phantasy Star Universe
・Game Client :
 ・setup-1a.bin
 ・setup-1b.bin
 ・setup-2a.bin
 ・setup.exe
 ・psu_manual.zip (entirely in japanese)
Offline AE(/F/G) Patch ¹ (OR self-extracting 7zip archive)

¹If you want to set your game in French or German - although it probably never be (fully) supported by D&H or Clem' for PS: AotI - you've to manually edit your *.ini. Press Windows + R then input (without the quotes) :
"%LOCALAPPDATA%\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE\Psu.ini" for PSU
"%LOCALAPPDATA%\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\PsuIlluminus.ini" for PSU :AotI
Then replace the "AE" on the "Language" line by the letter corresponding to the language you'd like to use ("F" or "G"), and don't forget to save your changes.
Last edited by shade on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:32 am, edited 27 times in total.
shade

Re: 【PSU:AotI】Client Download

Postby Agrajag » Thu May 09, 2013 3:19 am

Glad someone did this, so I won't have to. Does the 2.0014.30 patch include all of supplemental/third update?
Agrajag

Postby shade » Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 am

Yes it does. The only missing things, for obvious reasons, are the latest version of *.exe.
But the "2.0014.30 patch" gathers the latest revision of all updated data files, plus every supplemental files.
shade

Postby LightDark » Thu May 09, 2013 6:39 am

Very awesome! I wasn't expecting this until Agra was ready to release his stuff altogether.

Much thanks shade!
LightDark

Postby Evan » Fri May 10, 2013 8:38 pm

I can't seem to extract the client with 7zip. It keeps telling me unexpected end of archive. I tried to re download several times yet still the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Evan

Postby shade » Sat May 11, 2013 5:10 am

I've tried to download it with FireFox, and it didn't work.

Though I don't know exactly how big is it, I know there is a limit to the size of the file you try to download. To bypass it, when a file is downloaded on mega, the user doesn't download the file in a whole, but splitted in several parts. This part of the process is working, at least for me. When I check my Firefox "BLOB cache" (C:\Users\[my windows username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[my Firefox ID profile]\indexedDB\https+++mega.co.nz\[something]), I can find the game correctly, splitted into 4,272 files, a priori downloaded correctly, judging by files size (4.16 GB ; 4,475,469,824 bytes)

Problem occurs when Firefox tries to merge files. For an unknown reason, the recreated *.7z is incomplete (3.99 GB ; 4,294,967,295 bytes). Maybe there is a way to merge manually (and correctly) the files, but I'm not convinced it worth time and efforts we should invest to figure how it can be done ; it'd be faster and easier to find a way to download it correctly by other means, like by using Google Chrome, or still with Firefox, but with the MEGA extension.

Edit :
I've the feeling that the "MEGA extension" for Firefox won't solve this issue.
I'll see if the game can be dl correctly with Chrome. If so, I'll add a note on the 1st post.

Edit bis :
I've downloaded it with Chrome, it worked.
shade

Postby Evan » Sat May 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks, it worked on chrome perfectly! :)
Evan

Postby Rappy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Where does MEGA download the files to? Just curious.
Rappy

Postby SaltyFish » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Rappy wrote:Where does MEGA download the files to? Just curious.

It should prompt you for a location.

If you're having problems, you can use my upload instead.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=283&start=10#p4008
SaltyFish

Postby Rappy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:54 am

SaltyFish wrote:
Rappy wrote:Where does MEGA download the files to? Just curious.

It should prompt you for a location.

If you're having problems, you can use my upload instead.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=283&start=10#p4008

Is that before or after? It being after would be weird.
Rappy

Next

Return to PSU Modding